Haws Safety Showers and Eyewash Stations
In 1906, Luther Haws patented the water fountain, and the Haws Sanitary Drinking Faucet Company was formed.
Haws began manufacturing emergency equipment such as drench showers and eyewashes in the 1950s. It became the Haws Corporation in 1998 but had been manufacturing quality products since its inception.
With its headquarters in the United States, Haws is run today by the third, fourth and fifth generations of the family. Delta Health and Safety is a proud supplier of this Haws quality emergency equipment.
The Application of Safety Showers and Eyewash Stations
Installation of safety showers and eyewash stations is essential where an employee risks contact with a hazardous substance. Exposing the skin or eyes to chemicals can cause severe and permanent injury. Safety showers rinse chemicals off skin or clothing, and eyewash stations flush chemicals from the eyes.
Sections 3 (8) and (9) of the OHS Act govern the application of safety showers and eyewash stations in South Africa. The Act and global good practice set out requirements for this decontamination equipment. Units must be:
- accessible within 10 seconds of any identified hazard
- able to run water for a minimum of 15 minutes
- have a flow pressure soft enough not to cause further damage
- activation valves that can open within one second and remain open
Haws and Delta Health and Safety appreciate the significance of durable and practical equipment. Haws is a company founded on innovation, and it has continued this tradition, consistently developing its emergency equipment.
AXION® MSR Eye/Face Wash Head Assembly
Traditionally eyewashes irrigate from the outside of the eye inwards, even though this is not the medical protocol.
With the Axion MSR eye/face wash assembly, the flow design is inverted. This prevents contaminants from being washed towards the nasal cavity.
Haws design is in line with medical protocol as it washes the eye from the inner corner outwards. In addition, the eyewash stations have enhanced comfort, stability and effectiveness because of Zero Vertical Velocity™ stream engineering.
Haws Drench Shower
Drench showers are essential emergency equipment in environments where there is the risk of exposure to corrosive materials.
Haws AXION MSR Emergency Drench Shower is constructed from hot-dipped galvanized steel making it durable and compliant. It also comes with a pre-built valve assembly, considerably reducing installation time.
AXION® MSR ABS Showerhead
The Haws AXION MSR ABS drench showerhead minimizes strong physical pressure. In a standard showerhead, this pressure drives water to the outer rim. The AXION MSR ABS ensures that there is an equal distribution across the entire showerhead.
It breaks the streams of water into smaller droplets and allows for uniform drenching. In addition, Haws inventive showerhead design creates a more effective and more comfortable drench shower environment.
Haws Combination Units
A combination unit incorporates an eyewash station into a safety shower. This amalgamation makes for a highly functional, space-saving piece of emergency equipment. It can flush the entire body at once and is effective in environments containing many chemicals.
Haws combinations units all have unique benefits but come standard with the following quality innovations.
- The Eye/face wash and valve assembly are pre-built and thoroughly water/pressure tested to ensure no leaks
- A pull lever and push stainless steel flag operations to ensure simple flow starts
- A water strainer prevents debris from reaching the eyewash
Additional Haws Combination Unit Features
Delta Health and Safety supplies Haws combination units with the following specifications:
- An AXION MSR hydrodynamic ABS plastic drench showerhead with 2 GPM flow control
- An AXION MSR eye/face wash head with 3.7 GPM flow control
- A Stainless steel 27.9cm round bowl
- A chrome-plated brass stay-open ball valve with a stainless steel ball and stem
- A chrome-plated brass in-line 50 x 50 mesh water strainer
- Schedule 40 hot-dipped galvanized steel pipes and fittings
- A powder-coated cast-iron 22.9 cm diameter floor flange
- Self-adhesive high visibility safety green and bright yellow stripes, universal sign, and 1-1/4” iron pipe or US national pipe tapered threads supply
Haws Eyewash Stations
An eyewash station is essential when the risk of splash, irritant or debris into the eyes exists. To comply with international good practice an eyewash with one-second activation should be accessible. Units should be situated not more than ten seconds away from the hazard.
Haws trademarked Zero Vertical Velocity™ stream engineering provides an even laminar flow for enhanced comfort, stability and effectiveness. In addition, Delta Health and Safety supplies Haws eyewash stations to ensure that your workplace is well equipped.
|Faucet-Mounted Eyewash Axion Eyepod||
|Axion® MSR Unmounted Eye/Face Wash||
|Portable Gravity Fed Eyewash||
Delta Health and Safety Providing Quality Haws Emergency Equipment
Haws creates pioneering emergency equipment which is highly reputable. Delta Health and Safety is pleased to make it accessible to the South African market.