Dromex Thermal Jacket 25 cal is suitable for use in Substations & Switchrooms, Utilities & Power Generators and Industrial electrical maintenance & installations for arc protection
Dromex Thermal Jacket 25 cal
The Dromex Thermal Jacket 25 Cal is suitable for arc protection when working in substations, power generators and industrial electrical maintenance.
When working on equipment that is energized or potentially energized, workers must be protected against electric shock, electrocution and arc flash. Arc flash presents a serious risk. Arc flash occurs when energy is released from an electric arc. This can happen when a fault, or short circuit condition, passes through the arc gap. The reasons for arc flash occuring include accidental contact (e.g. with a tool), ageing, deterioration or corrosion of equipment or parts, underrated equipment for the available short circuit current, tracking or contamination over insulated surfaces and so on.
Arc flash events are known to expel large amounts of heat energy. The air near the arc ionizes, causing an explosion, with temperatures reaching 35,000 degrees—hotter than the surface of the sun. A worker located in the impact area is at risk for severe burns or death if he or she is not wearing the proper PPE.
The energy released in an arc flash can easily cause regular, work clothing to catch on fire, which can dramatically increase the extent and severity of the of burn injury. Electrical PPE replaces regular work clothes to mitigate the risk of arc flash burn injuries. Standard PPE gear usually comprises an arc flash suit, hood and face shield, gloves, safety glasses, ear plugs and so forth. All pieces should be worn in order to get the maximum degree of injury prevention.
Delta Health and Safety Equipment is your preferred supplier of Dromex PPE
Features of Dromex Thermal Jacket 25 cal:
- ATPV 25 cal/cm2
- Dromex A.P.T 88% Cotton 12% Nylon, 305gsm Fabric
- 160gsm Flame retardant lining
- Flame retardant thread throughout
- Flame retardant Velcro on pockets & front closure
- Flame retardant knit rib cuffing on sleeves
- 25 cal/cm2 Rating embroidery on right breast
- 50mm Flame retardant reflective tape on arms
- Double needle topstitching on armholes & shoulders
- Mitred left breast pocket with double needle topstitching & mitred flap
- S – 3XL
- Substations & switchrooms
- Utilities & Power Generators
- Industrial electrical maintenance & installations
- IEC 61482-1-1
- IEC 61482-1-2
- NFPA 2112
- NFPA 70E
- ASTM F1959
- ASTM F2621-12
- EN 11611:2015
- EN 11612:2015
- EN 61482-1-2:2014
Also available: Dromex Arc Suit 55 cal